-
January 12th, 2005, 03:58 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I got a terrific deal on an '04 G35 coupe so I'm going to consider selling my beloved GSR. I've had some of the best times one could have with their clothes on driving this car through the mountains on I-40 at just a bit faster than the speed limit.
The up side is that I'm in a position to keep her if I get no acceptable offers. Current offer is $12.5K by word of mouth advertising. The following is my original "ad".
Green 1999 Acura Integra GSR w/ 81K miles
JRSC with MVM pulley running 10 pounds of boost
Hondata S200 controller w/ OBD 1 conversion
Autometer boost, fuel pressure and A/F gauges
Comptech short intake with Icebox CAI
DC Sports ceramic header
Apexi World Sport catback exhaust
MSD ignition
AEM fuel rail
AEM FPR
RC 440 fuel injectors
Quaife LSD
ACT clutch
DC Sports short shifter w/ poly bushings
Poly motor/tranny bushings
Comptech rear sway bar w/chassis brace
Eibach Pro Kit springs lower it about an inch
Koni Sport adjustable shocks
16 inch bronze Rota Circuit 8?s with 205/45 Potenza RE750s
PIAA silicon wiper blades
OEM body kit
Viper 600 security system w/ ignition cut off, shock sensor, power locks, pain generator
Top of the line Pioneer stereo with Digital Signal Processor
Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp with 50 watts RMS per channel driving
MB Quart speakers, components in the front, coax in rear.
Orion amp with 140 watts RMS driving a10 inch JL sub
Regular oil changes with synthetic oil.
One (old) owner, excellent condition. Never abused or wrecked. A significant number of the miles are highway traveling to customer sites from VA to FL. Built and maintained by Motorvations Motorsports (JRCivic) and Arthur Wang of Trackmasters in Huntsville, AL. Trackmasters? dyno measures ~ 220 wheel HP and 180 pound feet of torque after Hondata software upgrade.
This car has never seen a drag strip but I did autocross it a few times. It runs like a rabbit, handles like a go kart and has an audiophile caliber sound system. Estimated quarter mile time in the 13 ? 14 second range. Solid handling at 150 mph while still accelerating (ran out of road) and with estimated top end of 160+ mph.
$13,995.
I might consider removing the sound system and reducing the price but I don't want to part her out.
-
January 12th, 2005, 05:04 AM
#2
Inactive Member
do whatever makes u happy man.
g35's are cool..
but i'd rather have a honda's "fun to drive factor"
g35's are heavy and kinda numb.
but if you have money and want a daily driver that oozes style, the g35 is it.
good luck.
-
January 12th, 2005, 05:19 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Tough choice. If you can actually get that much for it, that sounds like a great deal. But, you could keep it solely as a weekend race/play car and make it purpose built and never worry about breaking it. I was in the same position when I bought a new car and in hindsight, I think I wish I'd have kept it...but no turning back now.
-
January 12th, 2005, 05:24 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Brian,
I say you drive the G35 daily, keep the GSR for weekend warrior missions... and let me build you a NASTY shortblock to add a healthy dose of wheel HP !!!
-
January 13th, 2005, 02:53 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I know the asking price is a bit high but the loan value is $11K and, as you can see, I've put a couple of extra dollars in it. I plan to counter the current offer with $12.5K takes it without the stereo since my components will transfer to the G35.
The GSR is SO much more fun to drive. The G35 is [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] an automatic and the "auto stick" sucks. The Blose sound also sucks compared to the GSR's high end system.
My dilemma is that I also have an Alfa Romeo Spider that I refuse to part with and having three cars is sort of pointless especially since the GSR insurance is high due to the theft rating.
Ok, Jim, how about offering a plan to drop an S2000 motor and tranny in the Alfa instead of adding a few more ponies to the GSR. I found an engine/tranny/ECU for $3K (if it's still there). Talk to me.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks